Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tora Tuesday

If you’ve been following along at all on Facebook, you know by know how much our entire family has fallen in love with Miss Tora. She is everything I had ever hoped for in an adoptable dog. She is an elderbull, she is sweet and gentle with the baby, gets along great with Julius (who doesn’t?) and probably a very good candidate to be a therapy dog.



The only drawback is Ray, of course. He always needs to go so much slower with intros and can be so cranky. It’s a major production to take him to the Vet, to trim his nails, to put drops in his ears, etc. He is my heart dog, but Tora is my ideal. Julius, of course, is nothing but easy. He adapts to everything and just rolls along with his wagging tail and sweet personality.




With all the pressure encouragement from my Facebook community, and after many heartfelt and heart wrenching conversations, we have decided to add Tora to our household and to make Ray available for private adoption to a good home where he will be the only dog, or at least to a home that will have more time to work with him on his desensitization. Preferably to a home nearby, where I can still get updates on him.




"You know she's kidding, right?"

Yeah, Duh! April Fool's!

15 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD! You got me! I was like, wait, what? What? Wait? HUH???? I don't like April's Fool's Day! Not one bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually hate April Fool's Day and last year when Corbin did something similar on his blog, I was annoyed and devastated at first. This set up was just too perfect, though and doesn't come around very often!

      Delete
  2. Of all the April Fool's Day pranks out there, this one ACTUALLY got me. But really, can you keep Tora too? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish. If we had a bigger yard and better set up, but I know they are working really hard to find her a great place.

      Delete
  3. I was all "yeah, okay, I like where this is goi--WHAT?! NO!!" Whew!! You definitely had me going!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ray is your heart, no one could pry him away for you. That is the thing that kept me from falling for it. But its a good one. You set the pictures up so well. even with the one with Ray looking sad at the end. Happy April Fools day! Did you see Tora on tv? She really is just cute and well-behaved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, you are correct. Ray is my baby and we are a "bonded pair." I went to the shelter and found out that Tora was on TV, but missed it. ;-( I bet she was awesome.

      Delete
  5. You, my dear, are a real STINKER!!! I actually fell for this and I of all people, should know better! Just an FYI. I am moving home at the end of May. Can't wait to see you! And Ray and Juli too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, good one! The facial expression is spot-on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!!! This is why I hate this dreaded "holiday." My jaw was on the floor! You definitely got me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually hate it too. It's just that the circumstances provided the perfect set up.

      Delete
  8. It would have been nice to keep Tora, I'm sure Ray would eventually come around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am new to your blog and started reading this post. Maybe I was fooled because I'm so new and don't 'know' you, but I could not believe what I was reading, and stated to feel uncomfortable for commenting previously that I would never give up on my dogs.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10